LET THE CULLING BEGIN!!

 
My studio is bulging with years of drawings, paintings, and mixed media work. I'm not usually a packrat but when it comes to my production, it pains me to sort and trash.  

The culling project may take months (a conservative estimate).  Problem is that every time I look at the work, even very old pieces, there are always bits that fuel my imagination. This is especially true of “gesture” drawings, done in a few minutes. The beauty of the lines comes from the speed at which they are drawn.

Some drawings must go, the yellowing crispy ones on newsprint and those done with cheap markers. Dried up newsprint is seductive, it changes color unevenly as it slowly disintegrates,  exquisite! 

I am keeping these two.  The plan is to photograph everything as I go along to use at a later date.  May I live to a ripe old age.

Comments